Baccalà alla Livornese (Livorno Salt Cod)
Serves: 2 people
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Calories: 350 per serving
Expertise level: 2 out of 3
400g soaked salt cod
oil for frying
200g cherry tomatoes or tinned tomatoes
extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic
small handful of parsley
flour for dusting
1. Remove the bones from the salt cod with tweezers, then cut into pieces.
Flour the pieces of fish and fry well on both sides.
2. Remove any excess oil.
3. Cook the cherry tomatoes in a pan with the olive oil, cloves of garlic and pepper.
4. When the sauce has thickened, gently place the salt cod in the pan.
5. Leave to cook for about 20 minutes, the time required to cook the tomatoes.
6. Remove the cloves of garlic and serve sprinkled with some chopped parsley.