Baccalà alla Livornese (Livorno Salt Cod)
Serves: 2 people
Cooking time : 50 minutes
Calories: 350 per serving
Expertise level: 2 out of 3
400 g soaked salt cod
oil for frying
200 g cherry tomatoes or tinned tomatoes
extra virgin olive oil
1. Remove the bones from the salt cod with tweezers, then cut into pieces.
Flour the pieces of fish and fry well on both sides.
2. Then remove any excess oil using kitchen paper.
3. Cook the cherry tomatoes in a pan with the oil, cloves of garlic and pepper.
4. When the sauce has thickened, gently place the salt cod in the pan.
5. Leave to cook for about twenty minutes, the time required to cook the tomatoes.
6. Remove the cloves of garlic and serve with some chopped parsley.