Carciofi Ripieni (Stuffed Artichokes)
Serves: 4 people
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Calories: 250 per serving
Expertise level: 1 out of 3
4 slices of cured ham
4 slices of Pecorino cheese
2 cloves of garlic
1. Wash the artichokes, remove the greenest leaves, then trim off the pointed tips on each leaf and open up the leaves like a flower.
2. Trim the stems so the artichokes sit on a flat surface.
3. Mix the breadcrumbs, slices of ham, garlic and the pieces you removed from the bottom of the artichoke in a mixer.
4. Stuff the centre of each artichoke with the mixture, place in a tall saucepan with a little oil, season with salt and pepper.
5. Cook slowly and hot add just under half a glass of water to the bottom of the tray, cover and continue to cook slowly.
6. After 20 minutes, place the slices of Pecorino cheese on top of the artichokes. Wait a few minutes for the cheese to melt and serve while still hot.