Fagioli all'uccelletto (literally, Little Bird Beans)
Serves 4 people
Cooking time : 130 minutes
Calories: 500 per serving
Expertise level: 1 out of 3
300 g fresh cannellini beans
1/2 glass extra virgin olive oil
200g tinned tomatoes
4 pork sausages
1 sprig of sage
2 cloves of garlic
salt to taste
ground pepper to taste
1. Start by cooking the beans, which requires particular attention: place the beans in a pan, possibly terracotta, and cover with four fingers of water.
2. Gentle bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and leave to cook over a low heat until tender but not falling apart.
3. When the beans are ready, sauté the garlic and sprig of sage in a little oil in a pan.
4. After 2 or 3 minutes, add the tinned tomatoes and cook until you have a fairly thick sauce.
5. Then add the beans you prepared earlier, add the peeled sausages, and cook for at least 15 minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Once ready, serve while still hot.