Ficattole fritte (Fried Ficattole)
Serves 4 people
Cooking time : 75 minutes
Calories: 800 per serving
Expertise level: 1 out of 3
300 g flour type 00
30 g brewer's yeast
salt to taste
oil for frying
1. Flour the work surface.
2. Dissolve the yeast in half a glass of lukewarm water and a pinch of salt. Mix in the flour and, if necessary, add more water.
3. The dough should be quite soft.
4. Roll the dough into a ball, place into a floured bowl and cover with a clean tea towel or cling film.
5. When the dough has doubled in size (around an hour), use a rolling pin to roll it out until about ½ cm thick.
6. Cut into strips and fry in hot oil.
7. Salt the ficattole and serve hot. They can be served with delicious cold cuts such as Mortadella di Prato, ham, salami, and Finocchiona.