BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. When a confirmed reservation is made, to To Tuscany Ltd and its partners, we offer clients a 48 hour cooling off period. During this time clients may make a cancellation in writing and receive a full refund, less any banking/credit card charges where applicable. Payments made by Delta and Switch cards or Bank transfer carry no fees, credit card payments by Visa or MasterCard are currently subject to a 2% booking fee. Following this 48 hour cooling off period the client is responsible for the total cost of the villa rental, the balance of which is to be received no later than 65 days before departure.
2. A confirmed booking is made once we receive a completed booking form together with an initial deposit of 25% of the total cost of the holiday or the full balance if the booking is made less than 70 days before departure. If, on the day the balance comes due, the prices quoted on the website have been increased due to fluctuations in the value of your currency against the Euro, To-Tuscany reserves the right to impose a surcharge on the total of your balance. This charge will be a percentage directly proportional to the increase in the prices quoted on the website for the week(s) of your booking. This clause does not affect the price if your booking is in Euro.
3. The booking form, duly completed by the clients is a contract of tenancy between the owner of the property and the client, with To Tuscany acting as intermediaries. The contract shall be deemed to be made when To Tuscany issues a confirmation of the booking.
4. The party leader is the person making the booking to whom all correspondence and invoices are addressed and who is responsible for the rental. When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions.
5. Provisional reservations known as options can be accepted by email, fax and telephone. These will be held for three days, after which time they will be cancelled without further reference, unless a completed booking form together with deposit (or full payment if departure is within 70 days) is received.
6. If after a confirmed booking is made you wish to amend or change your booking with us, we will do all that we can to accommodate any such changes, but it may not always be possible. Any such changes or amendments will be subject to payment of an administration fee of 50 Euro (or the equivalent sum in the client's currency) and any associated costs of the change imposed by our suppliers. These charges apply to all changes made outside the 48 hour cooling off period. Any accommodation changes made within 65 days of arrival may be treated as a cancellation and new booking and therefore incur a 100% cancellation fee.
7.Special requests should be made to us in writing. To Tuscany will endeavour to facilitate any such requests, but under no circumstances can these be guaranteed.
8. Adequate holiday insurance is essential and we therefore strongly recommend that you have enough cover for yourself and your party members before departure. Should you need to cancel your holiday at any time it may be possible to claim any cancellation charges back from your policy.
9. Clients are responsible for ensuring they have the necessary documentation for their visit to Italy.
10. Properties are available for occupation from 4pm on arrival day and must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure.
11. The property has been reserved solely for those person named on the booking form. The number of people staying at the property must not exceed the maximum occupancy indicated in the property description. Please notify To Tuscany of any known changes to the party before travelling.
12. Any damage, breakage, or anything giving cause for concern noticed on taking occupancy of the property, must be reported within 48 hours to the property owner, caretaker or agent.
13. A security deposit at the discretion of the owner/agent may be required with some bookings. Details of any such deposits will be advised at the time of booking.
14. The property, and its fixtures and fittings, must be tidied by the occupants prior to departure so that it can be easily prepared for the next tenants; all rubbish should be placed in the bins or bags within the house OR taken to the recycling area if advised on arrival. Towels should be left on the bathroom floor and linen should be removed from the beds and placed on the bedroom floors. At some properties, a compulsory final cleaning charge is payable locally, please check on the website description or on your reservation voucher for further information.
15. The party leader is liable for any damage or breakages caused to the property, its contents or grounds during the period of occupancy. Such losses or additional cleaning charges (if the property is left in an unsatisfactory condition) will be billed to yourselves.
16. Any articles left behind can be forward on receipt of a minimum handling fee of 5.00 GBP plus carriage charges. Any unclaimed articles will be disposed of after 28 days.
17. The party leader is responsible for the behaviour of their party. Should the behaviour of the party or a member of the party behave in a manner that is not acceptable, the owner/caretaker has the right to ask you to vacate the premises. In such instances no refunds or alternative accommodation will be provided.
18. Neither the property owner nor To Tuscany can be held responsible for any accident, loss or damage which may be sustained by the tenant, member of his party or visitor to the property howsoever caused.
19. Where the use of swimming pool, tennis court or any other facility are included in the hire of the property the property owners or co-owners and their agents cannot be held responsible for any accident or damage to the tenant or any other person. Use of the pool which is entirely at the clients own risk. Children should be supervised at all times. We remind clients that there is no lifeguards foreseen in the swimming pools offered for hire and it is absolutely forbidden to dive unless otherwise stated. For a safe use of the swimming pool and the tennis court we recommend clients to observe all property regulations.
20. Client's pets are not accepted at any property unless specifically stated in the property description. At the end of the holiday all traces of the pet must be cleaned from the house and gardens. 'No pets' in a description may not guarantee that pets have never occupied the property. Animals are not allowed in the pool or on the furniture at any of the properties.
Clients are responsible at all times for the behaviour of their pet and all efforts should be made to ensure that no disturbance, discomfort or annoyance is made to neighbouring guests, owners or other properties. Particular care must be taken when children are in the vicinity and particular breeds of dogs should be muzzled at all times.
Note that where a property accepts pets it is intended that only one pet at a time is allowed. In extreme cases, at the owners discretion it may be possible to accept a second pet, however this needs to be confirmed before arrival with the owner and a further cleaning fee may be applied.
We recommend that an insurance is taken out for the pet and against any damage it may cause.
Please contact us for details or clarification of our policy if you have any concerns about your pet BEFORE making a booking.
21. If for any reason beyond the owners control (e.g. fire or flood damage) the property is not available on the date booked, all rent and charges paid in advance by the client will be refunded in full, but the client shall have no further claim against the owners or their agents.
22. The agents are responsible for the collection of rental fees only, and no claims regarding the accommodation will be accepted by the agents.
23. All bookings are accepted at the discretion of the property owner and their agent.
24. All details in this online brochure are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but their accuracy is not guaranteed. We decline any responsibility for any alterations made by the owners without our knowledge. We will notify clients of any changes made to the property or its surroundings as soon as we are made aware of them.
25. Every effort will be made to ensure the standard described for each property and that all the items of equipment described and supplied by owners are in good working order. However, no guarantee is given or liability accepted if any breakdown occurs. In any such event contact should be made with the owner/caretaker for repairs or replacement to be made as soon as possible.
26. Your contract with us is governed by English law and interpretation, and court hearings restricted to the area in which To Tuscany is situated.
27. Exchange rates on the To Tuscany websites are based on 18 month future exchange rates and include exchange and settlement to the property owners in their home currency
To Tuscany is committed to providing a high level of service to our customers. If you do not receive satisfaction from us we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to maintain our standards and ensure you and other guests have a trouble-free holiday.
As stated in our booking conditions, if you have a problem with any aspect of your Villa/Apartment, you should first inform the property manager whose details are printed on your arrival information and whom most of your will have met when checking in to the accommodation. If you feel that things are still unsatisfactory, your next call should be to our local staff in Italy – their names and numbers are printed at the bottom of your arrival information. Our experience has shown that the majority of problems can be resolved whilst you are in Italy and To Tuscany and its representatives will endeavour to resolve all matters to your satisfaction.
In the unlikely event that a satisfactory result cannot be reached whilst you are in Italy, then you need to make an official complaint in writing to the Company within 28 days of departing our accommodation. If you have used a To-Tuscany booking agents to make your booking, then complaints should be made by email directly to them. If you have made the booking independently of any agent and directly on our website, please email any complaint directly to email@example.com
What happens next?
All complaints are registered on a Central database in our UK office and you will receive an acknowledgement of your complaint within 48 hours of us receiving your complaint (this is often automated).
As a Company, To Tuscany has a legal obligation to respond to the complaints raised by you within a ‘reasonable amount of time’ from the initial complaint being received.
To Tuscany aims to answer all complaints within one calendar month from the date of our acknowledgement letter. As a Company, we contact all persons involved in any complaint, whether this is the owner of the villa/apartment or the local property managers, to obtain further information about the complaint and receive their feedback before we make any final decision as to the best way to resolve the complaint.
It is very important that To Tuscany obtains the views of everyone involved in the complaint so that appropriate measures can be made to resolve the situation and ensure that it does not happen in the future.
Should a satisfactory outcome not be achieved, you are able to take your complaint and evidence to the small claims court within England and Wales.