Bruschetta with Tomato Salsa and Basil
Serves 4 people
Cooking time: 10 minutes
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 small red onion
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
salt and fresh ground black pepper
A loaf of ciabatta bread
1 garlic clove
1. Place the tomatoes in a bowl and pour boiling water over them. Remove after 30 seconds and peel.
2. Cut the peeled tomatoes into quarters and scoop out the seeds.
3. Finely chop the red onion.
4. Add all the topping ingredients to the bowl, season with salt and pepper and toss the mixture. It's now ready to serve.
5. It's now ready to serve.
6. Preheat a grill pan over a medium-high heat.
7. Cut the Ciabatta into 1in slices.
8. Place the bread on the grill pan cut side down and grill on both sides until golden and crisp.
9. Remove from the pan and drizzle with olive oil, and whilst still warm, rub garlic cloves over the grilled bread. Add toppings and serve.
Recipe created by: Tanya Hindes